Total Pageviews

Friday 24 October 2014

THE WAY KIDS GREW UP

I remember growing up fun was being outside with friends and playing a good game of catch, hide and seek or some other outdoor activity, but this is not what our younger generation knows about today. There's no we in playing, there's only selfies, Ipad, Iphone, and all the other I's, television, video games and all the other technological devices, that has taken over kids minds. Most children don't know what outside looks like but only when they really need to leave the house to go to school or anywhere else. I remember my parents had to beg us to come inside but today most parents would beg their child to go outside, which I found to be really SAD. 
However when I walk around in my community I can still say there's hope, kids running and laughing, playing a good game of moral, scooch and hop-scotch, yes I know you haven't heard about these games in ages. 

Moral Box

These were the games I knew about, the games I grew up on, the things kids do to have a good laugh, well that's before all these technological advancements. The weekend were the days to look forward to because play time was even longer, and we all hoped that it could never be over, FUN TIMES. I feel so happy to see kids in my community being active rather than glued in front of a laptop or tablet for the entire day. This is by far the healthier choice and to me the best way to have some good fun.

Kids playing a game of scooch
 

No comments:

Post a Comment